Canada Summer Jobs
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
Canada Summer Jobs:
- provides work experiences for students
- supports organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
- recognizes that local circumstances, community needs and priorities vary widely
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
By way of five national priorities, CSJ also supports the following:
- employers involved in the welcome and settlement of immigrants (including Syrian refugees) in Canada;
- employers that hire Indigenous peoples;
- opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information, Communications and Technology (ICT);
- employers involved in activities celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation; and
- small businesses, in recognition of their contribution to the creation of new jobs.
More information is available on the Employment and Social Development Canada website.
The deadline to apply is January 20, 2017.