The International Camp Directors Course (ICDC) has been developed as a professional development course for camp managers, directors, and operators. It is equally valuable for any experienced camp staff professional.
This intensive four day course addresses all aspects of Camp Management in an interactive exchange environment with other members of the camping and outdoor community and builds on skills and learning of both faculty and participants. The curriculum has been reviewed and revised over the years and, in some cases, has also been adapted to local, national or regional situations and standards, making it a valuable professional development tool for local needs and a bridge to camping at the international level.
All courses are approved and administered by the International Camping Fellowship (ICF) using both local and international ICDC Trainers. Certain courses are designed to provide the most international overview of the camping profession and these courses also offer a supplementary training in developing future course instructors (ICDC Trainer).
Goal 1 – To present the basics of camp management in the core areas of the organized body of knowledge
Goal 2 – To expand their network of peers and develop a community of professionals in a “camp like” atmosphere
Goal 3 – To provide an introduction to self-directed learning and the participants’ role in their own professional development process
- Wednesday, November 22 at 4:00 pm – Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 11:00 am
- $600 CAD + HST to register
- Hosted at YMCA Camp Elphinstone (Gibsons, BC)
- All meals, lodgings, and course materials are included in the cost.
- Vision and camp business sustainability
- Accommodation – fire systems and essential services
- Grounds management- arborists and grounds risk assessments
- Catering commercial kitchens standards – food handling and kitchen regulations
- Activities – Activity Standards (aquatic, ropes, cycle, ratios, qualifications, equipment, logging, reporting, checking, maintaining, briefing, debriefing, risk assessments, etc.)
- Work place agreements and HR requirements
- Buildings and asset standards
- Manage the ins and outs
- Look after the client
- Participant outcomes
- Course material
Instructors: Jen Dundas, Donna Wilkinson
- Register online here.
- Once registered you will be contacted by John Savage (ICDC Coordinator) to confirm details, and to respond to any questions/concerns.
- Should you be looking for tips, have any special requests, or questions at all, please feel free to reach out to John at any time. He can help with supplementary accommodations, transportation to/from the course, etc.
- Further information regarding specifics of the course will be sent prior to the course.
- This course is meant for participants from across Canada and around the world. Group transportation will be available those arriving or departing via Vancouver.
- Thinking the course would be great but you don’t live on the West Coast? Round-trip flights into Vancouver vary in price, but are available at reasonable rates from Calgary (from $388), Edmonton ($411), Regina ($479), Winnipeg ($570), Toronto ($813), Montreal ($921), and Halifax ($973) during the ICDC dates.
- If you are coming from away, we can help accommodate transportation as well as any needs you may have during your stay at the course (bedding, early arrival times, etc.) If you have questions/concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask John.
Please contact John Savage for more information. You can reach John by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.