The International Camp Directors Course (ICDC) has been developed as a professional development course for camp managers, directors, and operators. It is equally valuable for any experienced camp staff professional.
This intensive four day course addresses all aspects of Camp Management in an interactive exchange environment with other members of the camping and outdoor community and builds on skills and learning of both faculty and participants. The curriculum has been reviewed and revised over the years and, in some cases, has also been adapted to local, national or regional situations and standards, making it a valuable professional development tool for local needs and a bridge to camping at the international level.
All courses are approved and administered by the International Camping Fellowship (ICF) using both local and international ICDC Trainers. Certain courses are designed to provide the most international overview of the camping profession and these courses also offer a supplementary training in developing future course instructors (ICDC Trainer).
Goal 1 – To present the basics of camp management in the core areas of the organized body of knowledge
Goal 2 – To expand their network of peers and develop a community of professionals in a “camp like” atmosphere
Goal 3 – To provide an introduction to self-directed learning and the participants’ role in their own professional development process
- Monday, October 21 at 9:00 am – Thursday, October 25, 2019 at 12:00 pm
- $750 CAD + HST to register
- Hosted at Cavalry Temple Camp (One hour and 30 minutes from Winnipeg Airport)
- All meals, lodgings, and course materials are included in the cost.
- The course is being offered in English and French simultaneously (with translation offered in both languages).
- For those travelling from a distance, there is an option to arrive early on Sunday, October 20 and stay the night.
- Vision and camp business sustainability
- Marketing and communication (target population, cost of acquisition, promotional materials)
- Business operations and financial management
- Food services – commercial kitchen standards, food handling and kitchen regulations
- Health and wellness set up and management
- Activities – activity standards (aquatic, ropes, cycle, ratios, qualifications, equipment, logging, reporting, checking, maintaining, briefing, debriefing, risk assessments, etc.)
- Human resources requirements and work place agreements
- Program and operational risk management
- Buildings and asset management (accommodations, grounds management)
- Managing the ins and outs
- Customer care and retention
- Participant outcomes
- Course material
Instructors: Jared Clarke, Stéphane Richard
- Register online here.
- Once registered you will be contacted by Stéphane Richard (ICDC Lead Trainer) to confirm details, and to respond to any questions/concerns.
- Should you be looking for tips, have any special requests, or questions at all, please feel free to reach out to Stéphane at any time. He can help with supplementary accommodations, transportation to/from the course, etc.
- Further information regarding specifics of the course will be sent prior to the course.
- This course is meant for participants from across Canada and around the world. Group transportation will be available those arriving or departing via Winnipeg International Airport (YWG) in Manitoba.
- Thinking the course would be great but you don’t live in Manitoba? Round-trip flights into Winnipeg vary in price but are available at reasonable rates from Vancouver (from $500) Calgary (from $250), Edmonton (from $250), Regina (from $350), Toronto ($250), Montreal ($550), and Halifax ($600) during the ICDC dates.
- If you are coming from away, we can help accommodate transportation as well as any needs you may have during your stay at the course (bedding, early arrival times, etc.) If you have questions/concerns, please don’t hesitate to ask Stéphane.
Please contact Stéphane Richard for more information. You can reach Stéphane by email at email@example.com.