Each year, the CCA and/or the provincial camping associations host a number of conferences, workshops, and other development opportunities for camping professionals.
Ontario Camps Association Conference
January 25 – January 27, 2017, Hilton Hotel – Markham Suites , Markham (ON)
BC Camping Conference
January 30 – February 2, 2017, Stillwood Camp & Conference Centre, Lindell Beach (BC)
Alberta Camping Conference
March 20 – March 22, 2017, Gull Lake Centre, Lacombe, AB
International Camping Congress
October 15 – 19, 2017, Sochi, Russia
Bruno Morawetz Speaker Sponsorship Program
The Society established a Speaker Sponsorship Program in 1998 to honour the late Bruno Morawetz, one of the founding members of the Society. The sponsorship represents the wealth of knowledge, enthusiasm and energy which Bruno gladly shared, the strength of his personal integrity, spiritual values and family love, and his dedication, as a volunteer, to the improvement of camping, his own community and the broader Canadian society.
While sharing the ownership and direction of Camp Ponacka with his wife Gwen for more than 50 years, Bruno earned a PhD., taught at Trent University, was a founding member of the Algonquin Arts Council in Bancroft, served at different times on the Ontario Camps Association Board of Directors and many of its Committees, was President of the Society, as well as being an active volunteer and leader in many charitable organizations in his two communities of Peterborough and Bancroft, Ontario.
The Sponsorship Program is made available to cover fees, travel costs and other related expenses of a keynote speaker or seminar leader at any major professional development event (conference, seminar or special workshop for directors and senior staff) organized by a provincial camping association Federated Member of the CCA/ACC.
The maximum total funding available is $2000 per year, to be allocated to one or more of the events for which sponsorship has been requested.
Those provincial associations who receive funding are not eligible to re-apply for the subsequent two years.
- The speaker should be a recognized expert in camping or camping-related industries of interest and concern to delegates.
- The presentation should aim to increase the knowledge of camp directors and senior camp staff, and to raise the level of professionalism at the event.
- Preference will be given for presentations which include research or original material of academic or scholarly merit.
- The Society of Camp Directors and the Sponsorship Program must be identified in the event literature or program, and at the time of the presentation. Wherever possible, a Fellow of the Society should be asked to formally introduce the speaker.
- Appropriate documentation of the presentation (web friendly formats e.g. .pdf and .mpeg) must be sent to the Society immediately after the event for inclusion in the Trent University Archives. Payment is made upon receipt of this documentation.
The Chair (or designate) of the event should submit a written letter of application, via email, to The Society of Camp Directors
The application must include:
- Dates, location and description of the event or conference
- A biography of the speaker and summary of his/her proposed topic/presentation;
- Anticipated fees and costs;
- Details of how the Society and Sponsorship Program will be acknowledged;
- A pledge to provide documentation of the presentation (as noted on page 1) to the Society by the end of the calendar year;
- Acknowledgement that video, papers or other reproductions of the presentation(s) may be used and distributed by the Society for educational and publicity purposes.
For specific dates please visit the Society of Camp Directors website.