For almost 80 years, the CCA has worked on behalf of Canadian camps to help grow, develop, and promote organized children’s camping across the country.
The CCA represents nearly 800 day and overnight camps across Canada. Each summer, hundreds of thousands of Canadian children (and many others from around the world) spend anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of months attending one of our country’s fine summer camps.
The CCA is here to serve you! The CCA has been active on a number of initiatives to support Canadian summer camp professionals, including:
- providing funding and support to research projects seeking to examine the value of the Canadian summer camp experience.
- providing leadership to an unparalled insurance program for camps across the country.
- partnering with BackCheck to offer a criminal reference check service. BackCheck has generously donated thousands of dollars back to provincial camping associations as a result of this national corporate partnership program.
- establishing a national awards program to recognize camping leaders from across Canada.
- working with national camp leaders to bring together professionals from across the world for two International Camping Congresses.
- advocacy on behalf of camps in working with the federal government on various issues.
- establishing a task force to look at strategies for media relations in response to frequent requests for opinions on current camping issues.
There are plenty of opportunities for camping professionals to lend their leadership in a volunteer capacity to CCA. If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please contact us.
Be sure to keep up-to-date with the latest in Canadian camping news through our regular emails as well as the frequent blog posts on this website.